Encounter the Inclusive Community (Theological Course)
The full day Theological Course is designed to give participants the basis for an affirming theology which values the contribution that LGBTI people make to communities of faith.
Participants will be equipped to identify how traditional Christian theology has been twisted to marginalize and oppress the LGBTI community, and re examine the Biblical texts that have been used to cause untold damage.
Time will be given for safe and honest discussion about how the presented material might shape faith and practice.
At the conclusion of this course participants will:
- identify alternative interpretations to the ‘clobber passages’ from the Biblical texts
- develop an affirming theology of sexual and gender diversity
- hear stories from LGBTI Christians
- learn about the stages of becoming an ally
- be given space examine their own beliefs and traditions
- be given opportunity to ask honest and difficult questions
Trainer: Matt Glover and guests
Prerequisites: It is strongly recommended that participants complete the Introductory Course.
Who should attend?
Anybody who works in a religious or faith based organisation and cares for LGBTI people
To maximise the learning environment, places are strictly limited and fill quickly. To book your place, please visit the Registration Page.
A downloadable brochure is available on the Resource Page.
For any further enquiries, please use the Contact Page or call Matt on 1300 38 50 20.
Course Dates for 2018
Excellent! Humble, experienced and great clarity that comes from deep thinking and engagementPsychologist, Melbourne